Advertisement
HomeCollectionsSexual Assault
IN THE NEWS

Sexual Assault

NEWS
By Liz F. Kay, The Baltimore Sun | April 22, 2010
A Milwaukee man was charged with second-degree assault and sex offense charges after Anne Arundel County police say he sexually assaulted a woman in her Arnold home Wednesday afternoon. Officers responded to the 500 block of Norton Way at about 2:40 p.m. when the woman called police to report she had been assaulted. She told police that a man selling magazine subscriptions asked to use her bathroom and then assaulted her. Police officers in the area arrested Jarvis Lamon Spain, 21, of the 4600 block of N. 37th St. in Milwaukee and charged him with second-degree assault, perverted practice, fourth-degree sex offense and sodomy.
Advertisement
NEWS
By Matthew Hay Brown and The Baltimore Sun | September 30, 2014
Midshipmen at the Naval Academy have filmed a video pledging to fight sexual assault at the academy and in the Navy and Marine Corps. "It's on us — USNA," a 90-second video, was posted Monday on YouTube. It features a succession of midshipmen, male and female, in uniform and Navy athletic gear, standing before different landmarks on the Annapolis campus, looking into the camera and reading lines. "If midshipmen are persons of integrity, and if we stand for that which is right, then we must stand for each other," the script reads, in part.
NEWS
By Steve Kilar, The Baltimore Sun | January 3, 2012
A Baltimore man has been charged in Anne Arundel County with sexual assault in Linthicum last week, police said. Tamango Johnson, 38, of the 1800 block of Bolton St., has been charged with rape, assault, false imprisonment, impersonating a police officer and other sex offense charges, according to a statement Tuesday from the Anne Arundel County Police Department. On the evening of Dec. 27, a woman reported being sexually assaulted at the Microtel Inn and Suites, in the 1100 block of Winterson Road, by a man she arranged to meet in her hotel room, police said.
NEWS
By Steve Kilar, The Baltimore Sun | November 17, 2011
A teenage girl was kidnapped by four men in Woodlawn, driven to an unfamiliar location and sexually assaulted on Nov. 1, police said. At about 3 p.m. that day, the 15-year-old was walking in the 1800 block of Woodlawn Drive when men in a teal, four-door sedan approached, according to a statement Wednesday from the Baltimore County Police Department. Two of the men were wearing ski masks, police said. One of the unmasked men began talking to the victim, displayed a handgun and then forced her into the car, according to police.
HEALTH
By Scott Dance, The Baltimore Sun | September 2, 2014
Former Catonsville doctor William Dando will not face trial for sexual assault allegations after agreeing never to practice medicine in Maryland again. Allegany County prosecutors dropped charges against him Tuesday, citing two factors — the "he said, she said" nature of the case and his decision to surrender his medical license. Dando had been scheduled to stand trial Wednesday in an incident in which a 41-year-old patient said he touched her genitals while treating her for an ear infection at an urgent-care center near Cumberland.
NEWS
By Carrie Wells and John Fritze, The Baltimore Sun | April 29, 2014
Responding to complaints that universities have fallen short in policing sexual assaults on their campuses, the White House announced a series of measures Tuesday intended to pressure college officials to step up efforts. The Obama administration wants universities to conduct "campus climate" surveys beginning next year and to clarify sexual assault policies so that victims know where to turn for help. The government is also creating a website, NotAlone.gov, that it says will help victims file federal complaints and access data on federal investigations.
NEWS
By Andrea F. Siegel, The Baltimore Sun | December 6, 2011
A 14-year-old Odenton youth is facing attempted rape and other charges, Anne Arundel County police said this week, accusing him of sexually assaulting a female student in a bathroom at Arundel Senior High School, police said. Police said the student was charged Monday as a juvenile with attempted second-degree rape, second-degree sex assault and a second-degree sex offense. He was released to a relative, police said. Last Monday, school officials received an anonymous call alerting them to a possible sexual assault in a bathroom earlier in the day. A female student told police that she knew the student whom she said attacked her. andrea.siegel@baltsun.com
NEWS
By Andrea F. Siegel, The Baltimore Sun | June 3, 2010
A former Randallstown man was sentenced this week to 40 years in prison for the sexual assault in March 2009 of an employee at an Edgewater restaurant after she got off work, according to court records. Christopher Edward Taylor, 36, of Washington, D.C., was accused of forcing his way into the woman's car at gunpoint at about 11:30 p.m. March 31 after she left work at an Original Steakhouse, assaulting her and making her take him to an ATM to withdraw cash from her bank account.
Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.