June 6, 1997
FireWinfield: Firefighters responded at 7: 54 a.m. Wednesday to an odor of propane gas in the 5900 block of Woodbine Road. Units were out 30 minutes.Pub Date: 6/06/97
December 20, 1999
Fire Manchester: Firefighters from Manchester, Lineboro and Pleasant Hill, Pa., responded at 2: 04 a.m. Friday to an odor of gas in a house in the 600 block of Canyon Court. Units were out 41 minutes.
October 21, 1994
FIRE* Upperco: Reese, Hampstead and Arcadia of Baltimore County were dispatched to investigate the odor of burning in the 900 block of Emory Church Road at 6:50 p.m. Wednesday. Units were out for 31 minutes.
February 12, 1998
FireHampstead: Firefighters assisted Baltimore County at 9: 44 a.m. Tuesday, responding to a gas odor inside Hereford High School in the 17000 block of York Road. Units were out five minutes.Pub Date: 2/12/98
July 24, 1995
From Spotlight, a Maryland Farm Bureau publication to its members, comes this news item:"There's just about every kind of police show imaginable on television these days, so you can bet that Hollywood producers can't wait for the odor police to spring into action. . . ."Just what crime are we talking about? Iowa State University ag economist Neil Harl is proposing that large confinement hog operations be taxed for their odor problems. In an article in the Des Moines Register, Harl suggests that revenues from the tax could then be paid to adjacent landowners for having to live with the smell.
October 3, 1990
Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. crews repaired a gas leak at the corner of West Baltimore and Eutaw Streets last night after a paramedic reported a strong odor of gas at the downtown intersection.Fire officials said the paramedic was responding to a call about 9 p.m. when he noticed the odor. BG&E crews found a small leak in a pipe below the Community Blood and Plasma Service at 335 W. Baltimore St. They made a temporary repair and were set to return today.BG&E spokesman Art Slusark said the utility had received more than the usual number of gas odor reports following Monday's explosion in Irvington that killed an elderly woman.
February 14, 1994
FIRE Marriottsville: Sykesville responded for wires burning on Arrington Road at 4:15 p.m. Thursday. Units were out for 94 minutes. Sykesville: Sykesville investigated an odor in the 7600 block of Main St. at 10:35 p.m. Thursday. Units were out for 22 minutes.