June 23, 1998
FireWestminster: Firefighters from Reese, Pleasant Valley and Manchester assisted Westminster at 9: 24 p.m. Sunday, responding to a complaint of an an odor of gas in a building in the first block of Sullivan Road. Units were out 34 minutes.PoliceWestminster: A resident of Viking Court told police Wednesday that someone broke a window on his vehicle while it was parked on Spalding Court and stole personal property. Damage and property loss were estimated at $335.Westminster: Employees of Whiting Turner Construction Inc. of East Joppa Road in Towson told police Friday that someone damaged company property at a construction site on John Street.
July 28, 1998
PoliceWestminster: A resident of Baltimore Boulevard reported Saturday that his bicycle was stolen from West Main Street. Loss was estimated at $262.Westminster: A Deer Park Road resident told police Saturday that her vehicle was scratched while it was parked on Emerald Hill Drive. Damage was estimated at $300.Westminster: A Bond Street resident told police on Friday that a bike was stolen from his front porch. The loss was estimated at $115.Westminster: Two residents of Ewing Drive told police Friday that bicycles were stolen from their homes.
February 22, 2000
Winfield: Firefighters from Winfield, Mount Airy, Westminster and Lisbon in Howard County responded at 9: 15 p.m. Saturday to a building fire at Route 26 and Salem Bottom Road. Units were out 30 minutes. Mount Airy: Firefighters from Mount Airy and Winfield responded at 7: 54 p.m. Saturday to a chimney fire on Buffalo Road. Units were out 1 hour. Mount Airy: Firefighters responded at 1: 32 p.m. Saturday to a house fire in the 13000 block of Penn Shop Road, Frederick County. Units were out 35 minutes.
October 3, 1990
Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. crews repaired a gas leak at the corner of West Baltimore and Eutaw Streets last night after a paramedic reported a strong odor of gas at the downtown intersection.Fire officials said the paramedic was responding to a call about 9 p.m. when he noticed the odor. BG&E crews found a small leak in a pipe below the Community Blood and Plasma Service at 335 W. Baltimore St. They made a temporary repair and were set to return today.BG&E spokesman Art Slusark said the utility had received more than the usual number of gas odor reports following Monday's explosion in Irvington that killed an elderly woman.
October 19, 1999
PoliceWestminster: An employee of Donna Jean's Barber Shop on East Green Street told police Oct. 11 that someone damaged a window. Loss was estimated at $250.Westminster: A resident of Charingworth Road told police Oct. 13 that someone entered a garage and took a bicycle. Loss was estimated at $100.FiresReese: Firefighters from Reese, Gamber, Lineboro, and Boring and Arcadia in Baltimore County, responded at 7: 22 p.m. Sunday to a barn fire in the 3500 block of E. Lawndale Road. Units were out 1 hour and 36 minutes.
September 24, 1997
The Westminster High School Instrumental Music Boosters will be the hosts for the Cadets Marching Band Cooperative Maryland Regional Band Competition at 5 p.m. Saturday.Eighteen of the best bands from Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Virginia will compete.Bands from Westminster, Francis Scott Key, Liberty and North Carroll will participate.Tickets are $8 at the gate.Westminster High School is at 1225 Washington Road.Information: 410-751-3630.PoliceWestminster: Two residents of Logan Drive told police Monday that someone stole property from vehicles parked outside their homes.
November 12, 1992
POLICE* Westminster: Twenty old radiators were removed from Staley's Body Shop on Greenwood Avenue Monday, owner Kenneth Staley told police. The loss is valued at $80.FIRE* Westminster: The odor of natural gas at Route 27 and Hahn Road kept firefighters from Westminster out of service for 50 minutes investigating the incident at 4:38 p.m. on Tuesday.
December 6, 1996
FireSykesville: Firefighters from Gamber assisted Sykesville at 11: 33 a.m. Tuesday, responding to a carbon monoxide alarm on Route 26 at Bonnie Brae Road. Units were out 45 minutes.Sykesville: Firefighters responded at 4: 10 p.m. Tuesday to investigate an odor of natural gas in the 6200 block of Longleaf Pine Road. Units were out one hour.Pub Date: 12/06/96