February 4, 2000
Fire Westminster: Firefighters from Westminster, Reese, Pleasant Valley and Manchester responded at 7: 47 p.m. Wednesday to an odor of gas in an apartment in the first block of Sullivan Ave. Units were out an hour.
March 9, 2000
Fire Westminster: Firefighters responded at 12: 29 a.m. yesterday to an odor of gas in the 100 block of W. Main St. Units were out 23 minutes.
January 30, 1995
FIRE* Dennings: Westminster responded to a van on fire in the 1400 block of Dennings Road at 2:31 p.m. Friday.* Taneytown: Taneytown responded to an odor of gas at East Baltimore and Frederick streets.
November 22, 1999
Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3 is restoring an abandoned Serb artillery base in Kosovo, which was bombed several months ago by NATO warplanes.Navy Chief Petty Officer Keith A. Buckman, 36, of Westminster and fellow Seabees are helping to repair the facility, which will house 2,000 U.S. troops in Gnjilane, Kosovo.He also was part of the battalion that repaved nearly 32 miles of road and worked on various civic projects for ethnic Albanian refugees."I supervised camp maintenance and sea-hut plumbing," said Buckman, a 1980 graduate of Woodlawn High School.
September 26, 1994
POLICE* Westminster: A resident of Baldwin Park Drive reported to city police someone scratched the passenger's side of her auto with a sharp object while it was parked at Cranberry Mall Sept. 19. She estimated the damage at $100.FIRE* Westminster: Engines from Westminster and Reese responded to a call of smoke in a house in the 1500 block of Chazdale Way at 4:42 p.m. Friday. Units were out for 28 minutes.Firefighters from Westminster and Reese were dispatched to investigate the odor of gas in the first block of Manchester Ave. at 4:21 p.m. Friday.
May 5, 1995
Carroll County firefighters called in hazardous materials technicians and firefighters from Carroll and Frederick counties when the odor of gas was found in the basement of a house on Doctor Stitely Road near Dennings yesterday.Hazmat teams found gasoline had leaked from a 5-gallon plastic container outside the house and saturated the ground.The fumes had seeped into the basement sump pump area of the four-level 1-year-old house and were detected on the family room level by the owner, Michael Sisk.