Advertisement
HomeCollectionsFire Officials
IN THE NEWS

Fire Officials

NEWS
By Carrie Wells, The Baltimore Sun | January 30, 2014
A three-alarm fire broke out in a garden apartment complex in Pikesville early Thursday morning, sending two people to the hospital with minor injuries, Baltimore County fire officials said. Several people were inside their homes as the fire was raging and had to be rescued by firefighters, fire officials said. The fire, at 37 Tentmill Lane in the St. Charles at Olde Court Apartments, was reported at 3 a.m. and was declared under control at 5:30 a.m., fire officials said. Two people were taken to Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, but their injuries were not severe.
Advertisement
NEWS
By Joe Burris, The Baltimore Sun | April 8, 2013
Howard County firefighters battled two Sunday night blazes in Ellicott City, including one that required assistance from Baltimore County fire officials to get under control, Howard County fire officials said. Around 10 p.m., firefighter responded to a report of fire coming from the roof of a two-story, single-family home on the 3000 block of Mullineaux Lane. Fire officials said that three residents were in the home; two evacuated when alerted by smoke detectors and another evacuated after firefighters entered the home, officials said.
NEWS
By Brent Jones and Brent Jones,Sun reporter | March 4, 2008
A four-alarm blaze in the Woodlawn area yesterday afternoon destroyed two apartment buildings in a residential neighborhood and sent five firefighters to the hospital with heat exhaustion, burns and other minor injuries, Baltimore County fire officials said. Another man was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, fire officials said. The man's injury was not believed to be serious. The fire began about 2:30 p.m. in the first block of Giard Drive at the Queens Ridge Apartments. Elise Armacost, a Fire Department spokeswoman, said the burned buildings contained 11 apartments each, and that no residents had been reported missing as of last night.
NEWS
By Mary Gail Hare, Julie Scharper and Nick Shields and Mary Gail Hare, Julie Scharper and Nick Shields,Sun reporters | January 19, 2007
Three generations lived in the century-old wooden house with two chimneys in Harford County. Jerome Shropshire, a retired steelworker, and his wife, Annette, a homemaker, took care of their four young grandchildren while their daughter worked at a nearby supermarket and attended college classes. "He loved [the] children more than he loved himself," Joseph Shropshire Sr. said of his elder brother's bond with the grandchildren. "Wherever he went, they went." But a fire that started yesterday morning quickly spread and engulfed the Abingdon house, killing Shropshire, 72, and four others: a woman in her 60s, two preschool-age boys, and an 8-month-old girl, fire officials said.
NEWS
BY A SUN STAFF WRITER | September 28, 2004
Two Carroll County boys were arrested Sunday and charged with second-degree arson, accused of setting a fire that spread from a portable toilet to a nearby building, causing about $30,000 worth of damage, according to state fire officials. A 12-year-old boy and a 14- year-old boy were taken into custody and later released to their parents after Hampstead police and fire officials identified them as the suspected arsonists. Hampstead firefighters responded to the fire at the Hampstead Lions Club Community Room on Hillcrest Avenue about 1:30 a.m. Fire officials said the fire spread quickly to an adjacent brick utility building used by the Lions Club.
NEWS
By Gus G. Sentementes | September 6, 2008
A blaze early yesterday in Parkville was started by a discarded cigarette on an outside patio, Baltimore County fire officials said. Fire officials responded to the 2900 block of Aspen Hill Road about 6:30 a.m. for a report of a dwelling fire, and soon after called for a second alarm, authorities said. The fire was under control by 7:30 a.m. The home had working smoke detectors, and occupants of the home had evacuated before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported, but two homes had internal damage and two other homes were damaged on the outside as a result of the fire.
NEWS
By Jim Joyner, The Baltimore Sun | March 27, 2013
Anne Arundel County fire officials say four adults from Arnold are being assisted by the Red Cross after an overnight residential fire displaced them. Fire officials say crews responded to the one-story house fire at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Phillips Road in Arnold. Responders brought the one-alarm fire under control in less than 30 minutes, officials said. The cause of the blaze remains under investigation, but officials said they believe it was electrical in nature.
NEWS
BY A SUN STAFF WRITER | June 21, 2004
Five-year-old twin boys who were playing with matches ignited a blaze that destroyed their Riviera Beach home yesterday morning, Anne Arundel County fire officials said. Shortly after 8 a.m., the twins informed their mother, Dawn Kiser, that they had accidentally started a fire in a bedroom of the two-story townhouse in the 8500 block of Beacon Point Road. All of the house's occupants - Kiser, the twins, another of her children and two nieces - escaped without serious injury. However, Kiser's nieces, ages 3 and 6, were transported to North Arundel Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, fire officials said.
NEWS
May 26, 2013
Anne Arundel County fire officials say a house fire on Sunday morning in Annapolis caused no injuries, but displaced two adults. Fire officials responded at around 10:30 a.m. for a fire in the 1900 block of Sleepy Hollow Lane in the Lindamoor community. The first unit arriving requested assistance, bringing a total of 44 firefighters to the scene. The incident was placed under control within 50 minutes and caused in excess of $300,000 to the home. The two people displaced were assisted by the Red Cross.
NEWS
By Brent Jones | March 27, 2010
Baltimore County firefighters recovered a man's body from inside a North Point home during a small house fire Friday afternoon, according to fire officials. A department spokeswoman said firefighters were called to the 7600 block of Old Battle Grove Road about 2:35 p.m. and found a dead man in the living room of the home. The fire was confined to the living room area and generated significant heat, fire officials said. The cause of the man's death was not clear. The fire was extinguished a short time after firefighters arrived, according to fire officials.
Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.