October 6, 1999
Improper wiring in an electrical outlet caused a fire that damaged a warehouse on Railroad Avenue in Westminster early yesterday morning, the state fire marshal's office said.The fire was discovered by Westminster Security Fire Alarm and a passer-by shortly after midnight in the 100 block of Railroad Ave. Firefighters found smoke coming from the 149-by-85-foot wood-frame warehouse upon arrival.Firefighters found the fire in an enclosed storage room and confined it to that area. An activated sprinkler system helped keep the fire from spreading, officials said.
August 9, 1999
FiresEldersburg: Firefighters responded at 4: 13 a.m. Friday to a house fire in the 1000 block of Berkley Drive. Units were out 22 minutes.Gamber: Firefighters responded at 6: 19 a.m. Thursday to an electrical fire in the 3400 block of Farmstead Drive. Units were out one hour and 10 minutes.
May 4, 1999
PoliceWestminster: A resident of Poole Road told police Thursday that someone took property from his vehicle while it was parked on the street. Loss is estimated at $582.Westminster: A resident of Royer Road told police Thursday that someone broke into a shed on his property. Damage and loss are estimated at $1,560.FiresWestminster: Firefighters responded at 5: 28 p.m. Sunday to a mulch fire in the first block of E.Greene St. Units were out 14 minutes.Westminster: Firefighters responded at 5: 18 p.m. Sunday to a mulch fire in the 400 block of N. Center St. Units were out 12 minutes.
April 15, 1999
FiresHampstead: Firefighters from Hampstead and Manchester responded at 2: 18 p.m. Tuesday to an electrical fire on Panther Drive. Units were out 12 minutes.Manchester: Firefighters responded at 11: 14 a.m. Tuesday to an auto fire at Route 27 and Snydersburg Road. Units were out 18 minutes.
January 19, 1999
FiresUnion Bridge: Firefighters from Union Bridge, New Windsor, Taneytown and Frederick County, responded at 12: 04 p.m. Sunday to an electrical fire on Rinehart Alley. Units were out 34 minutes.Union Bridge: F irefighters responded at 10: 12 a.m. Friday to an alarm in the 500 block of Union Bridge Road. Units were out 16 minutes.Pub Date: 1/19/99
December 11, 1998
More than 400 Roman Catholic school pupils got an unexpected two days of vacation after a fire that began in a rectory electrical room yesterday knocked out power to St. Michael the Archangel School in Overlea.No one was injured in the fire, which was called in at 7: 39 a.m., about 20 minutes before school was scheduled to begin, said fire and school officials.Baltimore County Fire Department sent 50 firefighters to the scene, where the fire was quickly contained, said spokesman and Battalion Chief Mark Hubbard.