Advertisement
HomeCollectionsChimney Fire
IN THE NEWS

Chimney Fire

FEATURED ARTICLES
NEWS
By Kevin Rector, The Baltimore Sun | November 25, 2012
A 47-year-old Glen Burnie man was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in critical condition after a fire broke out in his home Saturday afternoon, according to the Anne Arundel County Fire Department. Firefighters responded to the home in the 400 block of Blossom Lane about 3:55 p.m. for a report of a chimney fire and found a two-story single family home with flames visible at the rear of the first and second floors, sad Battalion Chief Steve Thompson, a fire department spokesman.
ARTICLES BY DATE
NEWS
May 13, 2013
Among 100 calls for medical and fire-rescue service received by the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department during the period May 5-12, were the following: Johnnycake Road, 5700 block, 12:45 a.m. May 11. Crews from the Arbutus and Woodlawn volunteer stations and Catonsville, Westview, and Woodlawn career stations responded to the report of a residential fire in Westview and extinguished a basement fire. South Rolling Road, 900 block, 11:59 p.m. May 10. Crews from the Arbutus volunteer station and Catonsville career station responded to the report of a person injured after falling on the Brightview Assisted Living facility campus.
Advertisement
NEWS
By Mary Gail Hare and Mary Gail Hare,Staff Writer | December 30, 1993
The Manchester, Lineboro and Pleasant Hill, Pa., volunteer fire companies took several hours to bring a residential fire in the 800 block of Mich-Trace Drive under control yesterday.The house, owned by Robert E. Blank Sr., is west of Lineboro and northwest of Manchester. The fire started shortly after 1 p.m."It came in as a chimney fire," said Manchester fire Chief Steve Miller. "When we arrived, it had escaped into the walls."Volunteers and seven pieces of equipment responded, said Debbie Burk, shift supervisor at the Emergency Operations Center.
NEWS
By Kevin Rector, The Baltimore Sun | November 25, 2012
A 47-year-old Glen Burnie man was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in critical condition after a fire broke out in his home Saturday afternoon, according to the Anne Arundel County Fire Department. Firefighters responded to the home in the 400 block of Blossom Lane about 3:55 p.m. for a report of a chimney fire and found a two-story single family home with flames visible at the rear of the first and second floors, sad Battalion Chief Steve Thompson, a fire department spokesman.
NEWS
By Bill Talbott and Bill Talbott,Staff Writer | April 25, 1993
Chimney fires erupted across Carroll on Thursday, accounting for five of the six calls for firefighters.The first chimney fire was reported at 10:32 a.m. in a house on Clear Ridge Road. Engines from New Windsor, Union Bridge and Taneytown were out for 60 minutes.At 4:22 p.m. Hampstead, Manchester and Arcadia responded to a chimney fire in a house on Fairmount Road. Firefighters were out for 45 minutes.Firefighters from Westminster and Reese were dispatched to a house on Bell Road when a chimney fire was reported at 8:25 p.m. They were out for 51 minutes.
NEWS
February 1, 1994
Mount Airy firefighters Sunday logged the 69th chimney fire fought by Carroll County volunteers since Oct. 11.Firefighters were called Sunday to assist a Howard County company at a blaze in the 16000 block of A. E. Mullinex Road.The companies fought the fire that was reported at 2:20 p.m. for 47 minutes, according to Carroll fire officials.FIRE* Winfield: Firefighters from the Winfield and Mount Airy stations assisted firefighters in Frederick County at a house fire on Black Ankle Road at 2:13 a.m. yesterday.
NEWS
January 24, 1994
A Union Bridge family was left homeless after a chimney fire severely damaged its Pipe Creek Road home Saturday morning, fire officials said.The fire was reported at 12:03 a.m. It took about 40 firefighters 90 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the attic and heavily damaged the second floor.Arthur and Kathryn Carr and their children, Alice, 17, and Allan, 14, escaped unharmed.The state fire marshal's office determined the blaze was accidental, said W. Faron Taylor, a deputy fire marshal.
NEWS
By JEAN LESLIE | January 17, 1994
Ken and Bonnie Danker of Ellicott City were at Ken's office party during the holidays when they received an urgent phone call: A fire had erupted at their house.Their teen-age baby sitter, Arna Majcher, a senior at Centennial High School, awakened Lauren, age 3, and 8-year-old Rebecca, left the house and went to a neighbor to call 911 and the Dankers.Because their smoke alarm was known to go off occasionally, Ken and Bonnie did not panic; nevertheless, they bundled up and drove home.They returned to find the road blocked off and eight fire trucks parked in front of the pretty old farm house they had purchased only a year before, responding to a fire in the chimney.
NEWS
By Bill Talbott and Bill Talbott,Staff Writer | March 16, 1993
Carroll County firefighters passed the century mark last week, but it's an honor they may not be very happy about.Firefighters from Carroll County responded to chimney fire No. 109 early yesterday. The chimney fire season started about Dec. 1.The most recent fire was at a house on Meadow Branch Road two minutes after midnight Sunday. Firefighters from Westminster and Pleasant Valley responded to the call, and were out 36 minutes.Fire companies in Carroll responded to their 100th chimney fire of the season March 8, when they were dispatched to a house on Glenville Road in York County, Pa.Officials said 102 of the fires occurred in Carroll County and seven just outside county boundaries.
NEWS
December 17, 1992
FIRE* Sykesville: Sykesville, Winfield and West Friendship of Howard County responded to a chimney fire on Obrecht Road at 9:56 p.m. Monday.
NEWS
By Steve Kilar, The Baltimore Sun | November 24, 2012
A 47-year-old man is being treated for injuries he sustained in a house fire Saturday afternoon, an Anne Arundel County fire official said. At about 4 p.m. firefighters were called to the 400 block of Blossom Lane in Glen Burnie for a report of a chimney fire, said Battalion Chief Steve Thompson, a fire spokesman. It took 30 firefighters about 30 minutes to get the fire, which was on two stories of the home, under control, Thompson said. The man, the only occupant of the house at the time of the fire, was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore with critical injuries, he said.
NEWS
April 14, 2000
Fire Mount Airy: Firefighters from Mount Airy and Howard County Station 4 responded at 6: 22 p.m. Wednesday to a chimney fire in the 200 block of N. Main St. Units were out 90 minutes. They returned at 8: 04 p.m. for 2 1/2 hours.
NEWS
March 27, 2000
Fire Lineboro: Firefighters from Lineboro, Hampstead and Manchester responded at 7: 08 p.m. Thursday to a chimney fire in the 5000 block of Hoffmanville Road. Units were out 50 minutes.
NEWS
March 21, 2000
Fires Mount Airy: Firefighters assisted Frederick County, responding at 3: 51 p.m. Sunday to a house fire in the 12300 block of Sherwood Forest Drive. Units were out 15 minutes. Winfield: Firefighters from Winfield, Mount Airy and New Windsor responded at 7: 12 p.m. Saturday to a chimney fire in the 2400 block of Braddock Road. Units were out two hours, 20 minutes.
NEWS
February 22, 2000
Sykesville: Firefighters responded at 6: 12 p.m. Sunday to a fire alarm in the 1000 block of Bruce Court. Units were out 3 minutes. Gamber: Firefighters from Gamber, Reese and Reisterstown in Baltimore County responded at 4: 27 p.m. Saturday to a chimney fire in the 3400 block of Old Gamber Road. Units were out more than 90 minutes.
NEWS
February 15, 1994
FIRE* Hampstead: Hampstead, Manchester and Arcadia of Baltimore County responded to a chimney fire on Willow View Court at 9:27 Sunday. Units were out 40 minutes.
Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.