January 16, 2012
Among the 68 calls the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department received for medical and fire-rescue service Jan. 8-15 were the following: Gateway Terrace, 4700 block, 8:33 p.m. Jan. 13. Crews from the Arbutus volunteer station and Halethorpe career station responded to the report of a carbon monoxide alarm in Arbutus. A low level of carbon monoxide was discovered, and the scene was secured for BG&E. Frederick Road, 6300 block, 3:27 p.m. Jan. 13. Crews responded to the report of an person with health problems in Catonsville and transported one critically ill person to a local hospital.
November 6, 2011
Among the 70 calls for medical and fire-rescue service the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department received Oct. 30 Nov. 6 were the following: Beechfield Avenue at Wilkens Avenue, 2:28 p.m. Nov. 4. Crews from the Arbutus and Lansdowne volunteer stations responded to the report of a motor vehicle accident with injury in Arbutus. One person with non-life-threatening injuries taken to a local hospital. Birch Avenue, 1300 block, 5:09 p.m. Nov. 2. Crews from the Arbutus, Lansdowne and Violetville volunteer stations and Halethorpe career station responded to the report of a dwelling fire in Arbutus and found a clogged dryer vent, but no fire.
December 22, 2009
The Baltimore County Council unanimously enacted legislation Monday that will require rental property owners to install carbon monoxide alarms in all units heated by fuel-burning equipment as well as dwellings attached to an enclosed parking area. The measure takes effect in 45 days. Landlords will have eight months to install the devices, which will make a distinct audible sound before the colorless, odorless gas reaches unsafe levels. The original bill had given property owners a year but Council Chairman Joseph Bartenfelder asked for an amendment shortening the time given "the rash of CO incidents" in the county recently.
October 13, 1999
PoliceWestminster: An employee of Westminster Security told police Sunday that someone broke the windshields of two vehicles parked behind the business. Damage was estimated at $425.FireWestminster: Firefighters responded at 2: 28 p.m. Monday to a carbon monoxide alarm in the 100 block of N. Cranberry Road. Units were out 23 minutes.
October 12, 1999
FireTaneytown: Firefighters responded at 7: 37 a.m. Sunday to a carbon monoxide alarm in the 1300 block of Bruceville Road. Units were out 44 minutes.