Smoke detectors save lives [Letter]

January 28, 2014

Baltimore City firefighters recently fought a blaze inside a pre-Civil War wooden home in Roland Park ("Fire at Roland Park home causes more than $1 million in damages," Jan. 24).

They had to deal with freezing temperatures and frozen fire hydrants while working what turned out to be a three-alarm fire.

One factor that made their job easier is that the home had working smoke detectors, which alerted the home's occupants. They evacuated and watched from outside rather than being trapped inside the house.

This allowed firefighters to put all of their efforts toward getting water on the fire. Let this be a good lesson for all residents to have working smoke detectors in their living quarters.

Denise Love, Baltimore

-
To respond to this letter, send an email to talkback@baltimoresun.com. Please include your name and contact information.
Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.