Glen Burnie home explosion evacuates neighbors

There was gas leak in home at time of explosion

January 23, 2014|By Colin Campbell, The Baltimore Sun

An explosion in a Glen Burnie home with a gas leak led firefighters to evacuate several neighboring families as a precaution Thursday night, according to the Anne Arundel County Fire Department.

The home in the 1300 block of Meadowvale Rd. was empty at the time of the explosion, and Baltimore Gas & Electric workers responded to investigate the gas leak, fire department spokesman Keith Swindle said.

There were no injuries, and it's not clear whether anyone lives in the house, Swindle said. The investigation was ongoing Thursday night.

cmcampbell@baltsun.com

twitter.com/cmcampbell6

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.