Holabird Academy evacuated following gas leak

No illness was reported as a result of the leak.

November 20, 2013|Nayana Davis, The Baltimore Sun

Holabird Academy was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak near the school in the O'Donnell Heights neighborhood, according to the Baltimore City Fire Department.

The leak, which was caused by a break in a six-inch gas main, was reported at around 3 p.m. near the area of Cardiff Avenue and Travers Way, according to the fire department. The break was caused by a construction accident.

The air quality level at the school was determined to be safe, fire officials said. The levels are also being checked at residences in the area.

Baltimore Gas & Electric is currently working to fix the main, according to the fire department.

No one reported any illness following the leak, fire officials said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.