Fire department identifies Baltimore man dead from CO poisoning

September 10, 2013|By Carrie Wells, The Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore fire department identified Tuesday a man who died in his Northeast Baltimore home after running a gasoline generator in his basement.

Darnell McNeil was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital Monday evening after fire officials suspected he suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators found very high levels of carbon monoxide in the home in the 3600 block of Keene Ave.

The power was out in the neighborhood that night as Baltimore Gas and Electric workers did maintenance. Officials from the fire department said McNeil's death highlights the dangers of using generators indoors.

cwells@baltsun.com

twitter.com/cwellssun

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.