Campers taken to hospital after exposure to repellent

Deer and rabbit repellent in cabins sends 4 kids, 1 adult to hospital

July 24, 2013|By Kevin Rector, The Baltimore Sun

Four children and one adult at a summer camp in Jarrettsville were hospitalized overnight after being exposed to deer and rabbit repellent in two cabins on the camp's grounds, according to Harford County Fire and EMS officials.

Fire officials and hazmat units responded to Camp Wo-Me-To in the 1200 block of Knopp Road for a report of an exposure to an unknown chemical late Tuesday, and eventually transported the children and the adult to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

More than a dozen others were evaluated at the scene, officials said.

Both cabins were later deemed safe after being ventilated early Wednesday morning, officials said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.