Employee injured in Mr. Tire car fire in Parkville

Vehicle being repaired caught fire, officials say

November 23, 2012|By Erica L. Green, The Baltimore Sun

A Mr. Tire employee is recovering from first- and second-degree burns after a car fire broke out in the Parkville auto repair shop Friday.

County fire officials responded to the shop in the 7700 block of Harford Road at around 3:50 p.m. where they saw smoke and flames in the front of the building, and found that a man had suffered burns, according to a release from the department.

Emergency personnel took the patient to Bayview Medical Center with non life-threatening injuries, fire officials said.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental, officials said, believed to be caused when a vehicle being repaired caught fire. The fire did not spread, and there was some smoke damage to other parts of the building.

erica.green@baltsun.com

twitter.com/EricaLG

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.