Highlights of Week Four action involving The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 football teams featured No. 6 Westminster’s streak-busting win over a Martinsburg (W.Va.) team that had won 32 straight, No. 2 Calvert Hall’s win in the only game of the season against a team from another country and more lopsided wins for No. 3 River Hill, No. 4 Arundel and No. 5 Old Mill. A couple of unranked teams also pulled off upsets. Here’s a look at how all 15 fared and whom they play next.
Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Lastest result/Next opponent/
1.Gilman/2-2/Idle/At No. 10 Mount St. Joseph, Sat
2. Calvert Hall/ 4-1/Def. Niagara, Ont. 34-21/at No. 10 Mount St. Joseph, Oct. 6
3. River Hill/4-0/Def. Hammond 54-28/At Glenelg, Fri.
4. Arundel/4-0/Def. No. 15 South River 49-6/Vs. North County, Fri
5. Old Mill/4-0/Def. Northeast 42-0/Vs. Meade, Sat.
6. Westminster/4-0/Def. Martinsburg, W.V. 36-33/At Liberty, Fri.
7. Catonsville/3-1/Lost to No. 10 Franklin 35-30/At Hereford, Fri.
8. Dunbar/3-1/Def. Mervo 51-0/Vs. Digital Harbor at Swann Park, Fri.
9. Franklin/3-1/Def. No. 7 Catonsville 35-30/At Towson, Sat.
10. Mount St. Joseph/3-1/Def. Valley Forge, Pa. 36-12/Vs. No. 1 Gilman, Sat.
11. Atholton/3-1/Lost to Long Reach 13-12/Vs. Centennial, Sat.
12. Broadneck/3-1/Def. Glen Burnie 23-0/Vs. Severna Park, Sat.
13. Archbishop Curley/3-1/Lost to St. Mary’s 34-29/At No. 14 St. Paul’s, Fri.
14. St. Paul’s/3-0/Idle/Vs. No. 13 Archbishop Curley, Fri.
15. South River/2-2/Lost to No. 4 Arundel 49-6/At Annapolis, Fri.