Week Two of the high school football season included its share of big wins – especially No. 1 Gilman ending Don Bosco Prep’s 46-game winning streak – and close calls as well as a few disappointments for teams in The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15. Here’s a look at how they fared and whom they play next.
Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Lastest result/Next opponent
1. Gilman/1-2/Def. Don Bosco Prep N.J. 13-6/Vs. Charlotte Christian, N.C. Fri.
2. Calvert Hall/ 2-1/Lost to DeMatha 23-14/Vs. St. John’s, D.C., Fri.
3. River Hill/2-0/Def. Oakland Mills 49-0/Vs. Centennial Fri.
4. Arundel/2-0/Def. Northeast 55-0/Vs. Meade, Fri.
5. Old Mill/2-0/Def. Severna Park 20-14/At Northeast, Fri.
6. McDonogh/0-2/Lost to St. Peter’s Prep N.J. 31-6/At Penn Charter, Sat.
7. Catonsville/2-0/Def.Perry Hall 28-21/Vs. Woodlawn, Fri.
8. Dunbar/1-1/Def. Southwestern 32-0/Vs. City at Poly, Fri.
9. Westminster/2-0/Def. Urbana, 35-21/At Linganore, Fri.
10. Franklin/1-1/Def. Eastern Tech at CCBC-Essex 38-0/At Hereford, Fri.
11. Mount St. Joseph/1-1/Def. St. Albans 47-36/Vs. Landon, Sat.
12. South River/2-0/Def. Southern 49-23/Vs. Broadneck, Sat.
13. Atholton/2-0/Def. Reservoir 28-25/At Howard, Fri.
14. Archbishop Curley/2-0/Def. Chesapeake-B 31-0/At Owings Mills, Fri.
15. South Carroll/1-1/Lost to Patuxent 49-6/At Middletown, Fri.