Anne Arundel County exhibits

August 24, 2012

'Natural Inspiration' An exhibit featuring the works of Terry Coker Peterson is on view in September and October at the 333 Gallery at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis, 333 Dubois Road. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and after Sunday services. Information: 410-266-8044.

Exhibit The Maryland Federation of Art presents its annual "American Landscapes" national juried exhibition through Sept. 16 at the Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle in Annapolis. The exhibit features more than 70 original works that depict the diversity of the American landscape, including meadows and deserts, rural homesteads and industrial cityscapes. A reception, free and open to the public, will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Information: 410-268-4566.

'Found Accident' Landscape oil paintings by Julia Sutliff are on view through Sept. 28 at Adkins Arboretum, 12610 Eveland Road in Ridgely. Hours and information: 410-634-2847, ext. 0, or

'Pushing the Line: American Women Printmakers' An exhibition on the work of women printmakers from the late 1800s to the 21st century will be on view through Oct. 14 in the Mitchell Gallery at St. John's College, 60 College Ave. in Annapolis. A reception will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 9. Gallery hours and information: 410-626-2556 or

'Water's Edge' An exhibit by artists influenced by the Chesapeake Bay and its surrounding estuaries will be on view through Sept. 30 at the River Gallery, 1000 Main St. in Galesville. A reception will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 30. Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays through Sundays and by appointment. Information: 410-867-0954.

Shore artists A group of artists from the Eastern Shore presents "Nautical Art Showcase" through Sunday, Aug. 26, at the Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 Second St. Hours are noon to 4 p.m. Admission is free, but donations are suggested. Information: 410-295-0104 or

Shady Side history "Memories and Mementos: The History of Shady Side Schools from 1868 to 1978," an exhibit researched by the Shady Side Rural Heritage Society, is on display at the Captain Salem Avery Museum, 1418 E. West Shady Side Road. Information: 410-867-4486 or

Annapolis collection Works by Roxie Munro, Sy Mohr, Sally Comport and others can be found at the Annapolis Collection, 45 West St., Annapolis. Information: 410-280-1414.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.