Firefighters extinguish Ellicott City garage fire

Blaze took 90 minutes to bring under control

(Howard County Department…)
August 12, 2012|By Susan Reimer, The Baltimore Sun

Howard County firefighters responded early Sunday morning to a fire in an attached garage in Ellicott City and prevented the blaze from spreading to the house, officials reported.

None of the residents of the home in the 5100 block of Britton Lane and no firefighters were injured, but it took 90 minutes to bring the smoky fire, believed to have started among oily rags, under control.

Damage was estimated to be about $13,000, but the residents were not displaced.

Susan.reimer@baltsun.com

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.