Speed camera warning sign. (File Photo / Baltimore Sun,…)
Stoneleigh Elementary School and Loch Raven High School have been selected for the next round of speed camera installations, Baltimore County Police announced Wednesday.
Police said construction of the camera pads at each school has begun, and residents will be notified when the cameras are activated.
Southwest Academy, Patapsco High School and Owings Mills Elementary were also announced among the next batch of schools to receive speed cameras.
The addition of those five schools brings the total number to 27 speed cameras across the county.
In addition to announcing upcoming sites, police said that tomorrow, July 12, they'll flip the switch to activate four other speed cameras that were announced recently — at Loch Raven Academy on Goucher Boulevard, Seven Oaks Elementary in Perry Hall, Bais Yaakov in Owings Mills, and Winands Elementary in Randallstown.
A camera on at St. Ursula's School on Harford road will be activated after the county receives approval from the State Highway Authority.
For the first 30 days after activation, vehicles traveling 12 miles per hour over the posted speed will be issued warnings. After 30 days, citations will be given.
According to police, the cameras will be activated year-round from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Speed cameras are currently installed at the following locations:
• Middle River Middle School, 800 block of Middle River Road.
• Eastern Technical High School, 1100 block of Mace Avenue.
• Catonsville High School, 400 block of South Rolling Road.
• Arbutus Middle School, 1200 block of Sulphur Spring Road.
• Woodlawn High School, 1700 block of Woodlawn Drive.
• Woodlawn Middle School/Woodmoor Elementary School, 3000 block of Essex Road.
• Milford Mill Academy, 3800 block of Washington Avenue.
• Wellwood International School, 2900 block of Smith Avenue.
• Old Court Middle School, 4600 block of Old Court Road.
• Rodgers Forge/Dumbarton Middle School, 200 block of Stevenson Lane.
• Halstead Academy, 7500 block of Hillsway Road.
• Padonia Elementary School, 9800 block of Greenside Drive.
• Dulaney High School, 200 block of Padonia Road.
• Parkville High School, 2700 block of Putty Hill Avenue.
• Dundalk Middle School/Dundalk Elementary School, 7000 block of Dunmanway.
• Perry Hall High School, 4600 block of Ebenezer Road.
• Johnnycake Elementary School, 5900 block of Craigmont Road.