SEATTLE — The Orioles open their seven-day, seven-game road trip tonight in Seattle against the Mariners. Lots of stuff going on:
- Right-hander Chris Tillman will join the Orioles tomorrow and likely start the series finale in Seattle. That allowed the club to push back Jake Arrieta an extra day. Tillman threw a light side session in Norfolk today.
- Second baseman Brian Roberts is sitting out today's game with a sore groin. Robert Andino is starting at second and leading off in his place.
- Rightfielder Nick Markakis (wrist surgery) hit soft-toss and took 20-25 swings of batting practice at 70 percent on Monday at Aberdeen. If all progresses well, Markakis could play in his first rehab game on Thursday or Friday for Double-A Bowie.
- Catcher Taylor Teagarden (back) began his minor-league rehab with a start in the Gulf Coast League on Monday, playing five innings. Catcher Luis Exposito (wrist) is slated to begin rehab on Wednesday.
- Including Monday’s move to recall right-hander Steve Johnson from Triple-A Norfolk, the Orioles have made 10 25-man roster moves involving nine players over the past six days.
- Wilson Betemit's surging bat continues to work its way up the Orioles lineup. He's hitting third for this first time this season and entered Monday’s game with an 11-game hitting streak. He is hitting .472 (17-for-36) over that span.