Storm reports amateur and official weather watchers made to the National Weather Service show just how widespread and severe winds were in Friday's derecho storm, with gusts upward of 60 mph across the region.
Some gusts reported included:
- 66 mph at 11:02 p.m. at BWI Marshall Airport;
- 61 mph at 11:15 p.m. near Edgewater Beach;
- 58 mph at 11:16 p.m. near Eastport;
- 67 mph at 11:24 p.m. in the Inner Harbor;
- 58 mph at 11:36 p.m. at Martin State Airport in Middle River;
- 61 mph at 12:12 a.m. at Smith Island on the Eastern Shore;
Reports of downed trees were even more widespread. A long list of them appears on the National Weather Service's local storm reports for the region. Check it out to see what reports were made in your area.