Jury finds man guilty in East Baltimore killing

May 05, 2012|By Peter Hermann

A Circuit Court Jury on Friday found a 34-year-old man guilty of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a man in East Baltimore in the summer of 2010, according to the city State's Attorney's Office.

Antonio Moore, of the 400 block of North Robinson St., faces up to life plus 25 years in prison when he is sentenced June 20.

Prosecutors said he got into an argument with Avon Beasley on June 12, 2010, in the 200 block of North Rose St. The suspect left but returned 20 minutes later on a bicycle, took out a .25 caliber handgun and shot Beasley in the chest.

Authorities said Beasley ran but collapsed in the backyard of a rowhouse 200 block of North Luzerne St., where police found him about 1:50 a.m. Prosecutors said numerous witnesses identified Moore as the suspect.

Moore also was convicted of using a handgun in a crime of violence and being a felon in possession of a handgun. Two years ago, Moore was convicted of felony drug possession and sentenced to a year in prison. Last year, he was convicted of selling drugs and got another year behind bars.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.