(National Weather Service )
Steady rains Thursday morning and busy radar to our west had hopes high that precipitation might cut the year's rainfall data, but expectations were again missed.
The highest totals in the state were seen in Harford County, at just shy of half an inch, according to rain gauges reported to precipitation collaborative CoCoRaHS. Most of the Baltimore region saw a tenth to a third of an inch.
The official tally at BWI Marshall Airport was 0.29 inches, including 0.23 inches that fell between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. and another six hundredths in the 10 p.m. hour.
The month-to-date rainfall totals remain about an inch behind normal, at 1.85 inches so far versus 2.77 inches at this point in a normal April. The deficit this year remains above four inches.
The eastern half of Maryland is under a moderate drought watch, with the lower Eastern Shore under a severe drought watch, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor.
Saturday is the next best chance for rain, with a 70 percent chance of showers in the evening. So far, a few chances for more rain next week have 30 percent odds.