The House Ways and Means panel is meeting to discuss a new version of a gambling bill. Here are the quick details.
- Voters would have to authorize 6th site in PG and table games at all casinos in Nov.
- PG casino could have 3,000 VLTS (using most of unallocated VLTs in state.)
(Unclear at this point if PG site would include Rosecroft or not)
- PG site could only open by 2017 July 1, 2016 or three years 30 months after Baltimore opens
- If a majority of PG voters reject the referendum question, then the state VLT location commission could not award a license in PG.
- Tax rate would go down from 67 percent to 60 percent when PG opens
- Ocean Downs would be able to have more entertainment options