Fire union releases audio of blaze in which residents jumped

January 24, 2012|By Peter Hermann

The Baltimore fire union has released video of a fire on Monday from which two people escaped by jumping out of a second-story window. An infant also was rescued, but fire officials could not confirm accounts that it was dropped from a window and into the arms of a bystander.

According to the Fire Department, one woman was taken to the burn center at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and another was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. The infant was treated at Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center.

The fire was put out within about 20 minutes of the first report, which came in a few minutes before 6 a.m. It damaged the first and second floors of a two-story rowhouse in the 300 block of South Fulton Ave.

Read our story on the fire here.

Picture out front is from the Baltimore Firefighters Union, Local 734.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.