NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Baltimore Sun's Oscars Contest ("Sweepstakes") starts at 4:00 pm ET on Monday, February 6, 2012 and ends at 1:00 pm ET on Sunday, February 26, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsors.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Harford County or Carroll County who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related) of The Baltimore Sun Company ("Sponsor") and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside area described above. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Maryland law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: Everyone who completes the online voting form and correctly identifies all winners of the 2011 Academy Awards will be entered into a random drawing. Incomplete voting forms will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected as a result of technical, internet or other online difficulties or errors. The computer clock of Sponsor's webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3) Winner and Notification: On or about Monday, February 27, 2012, Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winner by email. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: The winner will one gift card for AMC Theatres valued at $250 (approximate retail value: $250) Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5) Other Conditions: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within 24 hours of the time Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.