Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Cameron Chism returned an interception for the clinching touchdown in Maryland's 32-24 win over Miami on Monday night. ... The Terps unveiled another set of uniforms (though they probably should have left this one back in the locker room). ... Lee Evans returned to Ravens practice and said his injured left ankle is much improved. ... It looks like Cary Williams is going to start against the Steelers. ... In an 11-10 loss to the Yankees, Orioles starter Brian Matusz made a pretty strong case for getting the rest of the season off. ... On Tuesday night, the Orioles are bringing back Chris Davis from the disabled list and calling up four more players from the minors. ... The 2012 Baltimore Grand Prix will likely take place on Labor Day, too.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston says it appears the Ravens are improved, but we won't know for sure until November or December [Baltimore Sun]
2. The offensive line is finally coming together [Baltimore Sun]
3. Answering a few burning questions in the AFC North [SI]
4. Are the Ravens in some kind of free-agent arms race? [SI]
5. I'm guessing you will pick the Ravens in this poll [ESPN]
6. The Ravens and the Steelers are jumping right into the fire [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
7. It's on Joe Flacco to lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl [Shutdown Corner]
8. What will Peter Angelos do to replace Andy MacPhail? [FOX Sports]
9. After months of anticipation, the Randy Edsall era began with a victory [Baltimore Sun]
10. Edsall's "troubles" pale in comparison to those of Miami coach Al Golden [SI]
11. The new-look Terps made a statement [ESPN]
12. Mark Turgeon quietly added a four-star recruit for 2012-13 [Recruiting Report]
13. After a successful Baltimore Grand Prix, will Charm City become the "Long Beach of the East?" [ESPN]
14. IndyCar drivers and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake were pleased with the event [USA Today]
15. Five thoughts on the Baltimore Grand Prix [Baltimore Magazine]
16. Alex Ovechkin is a prankster [Russian Machine Never Breaks]Video of the morning:
Oh, Canada... Here's video of Justin Bieber crossing over Steve Nash [via Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.