Fatal Owings Mills fire caused by smoking

August 29, 2011|By Gus G. Sentementes, The Baltimore Sun

A 77-year-old woman died in a fire in her Owings Mills home early Sunday morning, and Baltimore County firefighters attributed her death to a blaze started with discarded smoking materials.

The fire occurred shortly after 8 a.m. in the first block of Straw Hat Road, just north of Owings Mill Boulevard.

Marlene Miller was pronounced dead at the scene of the fire. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy.



    Baltimore Sun Articles
    Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.