Firefighter treated for heat exhaustion after two-alarm blaze

Seven residents escape fire without harm after awakened by smoke alarm

July 24, 2011|By Liz F. Kay, The Baltimore Sun

A city firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion after battling a two-alarm fire in Southwest Baltimore, according to a Baltimore fire spokesman.

The fire broke out in a two-and-a-half story home at 5:48 a.m. in the 4200 block of Connecticut Avenue, said the spokesman, Chief Kevin Cartwright.

A female resident woke up when smoke alarms sounded and was able to get six other relatives to escape without injury, he said. The fire was brought under control by 6:16 a.m., Cartwright said.

liz.kay@baltsun.com

    Baltimore Sun Articles
    |
    |
    |
    Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.