Elderly couple found dead in Hampstead home

Emergency personnel told police carbon monoxide level 80 times the norm

May 15, 2011|By Don Markus, The Baltimore Sun

An elderly couple was found dead Saturday night in their Carroll County home that emergency personnel discovered to contain 80 times the normal level of carbon monoxide.

Lewis Keyser, 81 and his 84-year-old wife, Betty, were found in the basement of the house. Relatives told Maryland State police that they found the house in the 1900 block of Lang Road in Hampstead filled with soot and haze

Police said Sunday that no foul play is suspected and that the couple was last seen on Thursday.

Police are continuing to investigate.

don.markus@baltimoresun.com .

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.