Police investigate fatal shooting of man, 23, in Brooklyn

April 27, 2011|By Justin Fenton and Liz F. Kay, The Baltimore Sun

A 23-year-old man who was recently released from jail was fatally shot Tuesday night in the Brooklyn community, police said.

An officer responded about 10:20 p.m. to the 3600 block of 5th St. and found Jason Willis suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to his body, police said. A medical crew took Willis, whose last known address was the 600 block of Melvin Drive, to Harbor Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10:53 p.m., according to police.

Investigators had no suspects and had yet to determine a motive in the killing, police said.

Court records show Willis had been in jail since April 2009 awaiting a trial on charges of attempted first-degree murder. He pleaded guilty in January of this year to second-degree assault, receiving two years in prison with the sentence backdated to when he was first taken into custody.

On April 18, he was charged with second-degree assault and was released on bond three days before he was fatally shot.

justin.fenton@baltsun.com

liz.kay@baltsun.com

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.