Poll: What should Trump do now that Obama has released his birth certificate?
April 27, 2011|By Luke Broadwater
President Barack Obama released his long-form birth certificate today in an effort to shut up wild conspiracy theorists like Donald Trump. His spokesman called Trump's behavior a "sideshow."
"We do not have time for this kind of silliness," Obama said. "... "We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers."
Anyone with half a brain knew that Obama was born in Hawaii. First off, he never even lived in Kenya. He lived in Hawaii until he was 6, then Indonesia until he was 10 and then back to Hawaii. Moreover, if a short-form birth certificate saying he was born in Hawaii existed, it stood to reason the long-form also existed. This is simple logic.
But the question remains: Now that he has been publicly embarrassed as a liar and a clown, what should be Trump's next step?
1) Admit he never had any investigators in Hawaii who "can't believe" what they're discovering.
2) Admit he was wrong about learning that Obama's birth certificate was "missing" from Hawaiian records.
3) End his fake campaign in shame and disgrace.
4) Claim the birth certificate Obama presented today was forged or illegitimate in some other way.
5) Give himself praise and credit for causing Obama to release the document.