In an otherwise average episode, "Saturday Night Live" excelled last night in mocking Fox News' morning program "Fox & Friends" and its hosts' propensity for making inaccurate statements.
Co-host Brian Kilmeade (who has criticized Americans for marrying between ethnicities) deservedly caught the mockery the hardest, saying "We almost had the first government shutdown in the history of this country" and "I still don't know what eclectic means." He also presented a Dave & Buster's gift certificate as his birth certificate.
But the most entertaining part happened at the end of the bit, when the anchors presented a super-fast scrolling list of all the corrections needed due to their comments during the first two hours of the show. Most of them went by too quickly to read in real time (except for my favorite: "Green is a color"). When slowed down, there were 30 corrections in all.
• President Barack Obama's middle name is not "Danger."
• First Lady Michelle Obama was born in Illinois, to human parents.
• "The first trimester" refers to a stage of pregnancy. It is not a Tom Clancy novel.
• Libya is a country in Africa. It is not part of Saudi Arabia.
• Singer Rebecca Black's song "Friday" refers to a day of the week. Not to a Chris Tucker movie.
• The American flag does not have an eagle on it. Nor is President Ronald Reagan's picture on it.
• Hawaii is part of America. Hawaiians are not of Arabic descent.
• Lil Wayne is a popular hip hop artist. He has never toured with Wayne Newton. Nor does Wayne Newton have a dwarf brother.
• Apples are not vegetables. They are also not grown in Kenya.
• Most scallops are edible and safe when cooked.
• "Jai Lai" is a sport played on Florida. It is not known if the activity is preferred by Mexican drug cartels.
• Bruno Mars is an American pop singer. He lives on Earth. He has never been indicted or convicted of organ trafficking.
• Green is a color.
• Moamar Quaddaffi is President of the country of Libya. He has never driven a taxi for a living.
• Ronald Reagan did not create the lottery. Nor did he invent casual Fridays.
• Jane Fonda lives in America. She has never been photographed with Osama Bin Laden.
• There is no, nor are there any plans for, a "Six Flags Baghdad."
• The Federal Food Stamp program was not created by Karl Marx.
• Egypt has never had a mummy President.
• Your sexuality is not determined by your blood type. Nor is it determined by your enthusiasm about the songs of Lionel Ritchie.
• It is not possible to catch AIDS by having a beard.
• The state of Massachusetts has never mandated that Mohammed be put next to Jesus in Christmas nativity scenes.
• The sun is not made of "hot gravy." It is actually made up of several gasses.
• Cell phones do not cause chlamydia.
• Filmmaker Michael Moore has never shut down the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.
• Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas never fought in World War II. Nor was he ever given the "Congressional Medal of Truth." There is no such medal as the "Congressional Medal of Truth."
• A baby can only be created by sperm and an egg. A homosexual cannot create a baby using trickery and the Internet.
• Americans landed on the moon in 1969. This was part of the NASA space program and not to "get away from hippies."
• No one has ever eaten a pizza with their butt.
• Former President Bill Clinton had nothing to do with the Rebecca Black video "Friday."