Fans who win a singing contest Friday at Hard Rock Cafe will have… (Peter Kramer, Associated…)
Let the squealing begin.
One frenzied Justin Bieber fan from Baltimore — and are there any other kind? — will get a chance on Friday to win a trip to Los Angeles to attend the Feb. 9 premiere of the boy wonder's new movie.
A singing contest will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the Hard Rock Café, 601 E. Pratt St. Fifty teen-aged fans will be selected to sing one of Justin's signature songs — "Baby", "Never Say Never" or "U Smile" for a panel of three judges.
The winner and three guests will receive an all-expenses paid trip to California to catch "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never."
Similar contests are being held in cities nationwide, and finalists will be notified by phone on Jan. 31. The winner of each locale will be videotaped. Contest officials will choose the top five videos, which, will be posted online later this month at justinbieberneversaynever.com.
The talented teen whose performance is ranked the best, as chosen jointly by judges and members of the public, will be introduced to the teen heartthrob at the California premiere.
"I fully expect pandemonium," says Kevin Perkins, the publicist who is promoting the contest locally, which is being sponsored by Paramount Pictures and aided by Baltimore radio station WZFT-FM (better known as Z 104.3.)
"I'm terrified of what the turn-out will be."
A complete list of rules can be found at http://www.z1043.com/cc-common/radiobase/contests/, but there are a few restrictions worth noting:
• Put away those sleeping bags. No overnight camping is allowed.
• All contestants must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Contestants must be between 13- and 17-years-old, and proof of age is required.
• No visible tattoos are allowed. The same goes for clothing bearing a celebrity's image, or logos for clothing designers or sports teams.
• Get more information about the Justin Bieber singing contest.