Eight evacuated from Pigtown home over carbon monoxide

Rescuers take several to hospitals for evaluation

December 29, 2010|By Jessica Anderson, The Baltimore Sun

Eight people were taken to area hospitals for evaluation for possible carbon monoxide exposure at a Pigtown rowhome, fire officials said Wednesday.

Officials with the Baltimore Firefighters Union Local 734 said the people were evacuated from a three-story house in the 800 block of Washington Blvd. at about 5 p.m.

Fire Department spokesman Kevin Cartwright confirmed that the home was evacuated as a precaution for a possible carbon monoxide leak, but he said none of the victims suffered any serious or life-threatening illness.

Cartwright said the source of the leak is unknown.

jkanderson@baltsun.com

    Baltimore Sun Articles
    |
    |
    |
    Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.