Homeless man caught fire near Canton Safeway

Victim suffered 2nd-degree burns, listed in serious condition

December 15, 2010|By Jessica Anderson, The Baltimore Sun

A homeless man suffered second and third degree burns that covered about 75 percent of his body after he caught fire Wednesday afternoon outside the Canton Safeway supermarket, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to the 2600 block of Boston Street about 1:45 p.m. for reports of a brush fire when they found the unidentified man who had caught fire, said Kevin Cartwright, a fire department spokesman.

The unidentified man was taken to Bayview Medical Center, where he remains in serious condition, Cartwright said. It is not clear what happened, he said.

Fire officials are investigating.


    Baltimore Sun Articles
    Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.