Three hospitalized for heat exposure at Anne Arundel community fair

May 02, 2010|By Erica L. Green, The Baltimore Sun

Three people were hospitalized Sunday for symptoms related to heat exposure at an Anne Arundel County community fair near Glen Burnie, according to an Anne Arundel County Fire Department spokesman.

Six fairgoers sought aid from emergency responders who were working the Ferndale Community Fair, on Broadview and 3rd Avenue, according to Lt. Cliff Kooser. They complained of headaches, nausea and other heat-exposure symptoms.

Three people were taken to the Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and three others were treated by emergency personnel at the fair and released, Kooser said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.