Frank Edie Curran Jr., a retired refrigerated truck body salesman who was active in Episcopal Church affairs, died March 30 of lymphoma at Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
The longtime Ruxton resident was 82.
Mr. Curran was born and raised in Greensboro, N.C. After graduating from Greensboro High School in 1945, he earned a bachelor's degree in 1949 in business from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
He began his business career in sales for the White Motor Co., manufacturer of trucks and automobiles.
In 1958, he moved to Baltimore and went to work for Hackney Brothers Body Co. selling refrigerated truck bodies. He retired from the company in 1996.
Mr. Curran had been a communicant and served on the vestries of Trinity Episcopal Church in Towson and All Saints Episcopal Church in Bay Head, N.J., where he enjoyed spending summers.
His love of the traditional Episcopal service led him to become in 1984 a founding member of St. Stephen's Church in Timonium. He was also a 32nd-degree Mason and a member of the Scottish Rite.
Mr. Curran had been a co-founder of the booster club at McDonogh School, where he had also served as president of the school's Patron Club.
An avid Barnegat Bay sailor, Mr. Curran had restored a 1927 catboat, the Myth, which is now part of the permanent collection of the Philadelphia Maritime Museum.
He was a fan of the Baltimore Colts and UNC athletic teams.
A memorial service for Mr. Curran will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Stephen's, 11856 Mays Chapel Road.
Surviving are his wife of 60 years, the former Ardith Valentine; two sons, Frank E. "Dee" Curran of Phoenix, Baltimore County, and L. Valentine Curran of Moorestown, N.J.; a daughter, Stacy Curran Lindsey of Ruxton; a brother, George W. Curran of Annapolis; and nine grandchildren.