Unattended pot blamed for house fire in Glen Burnie

February 12, 2010

A pot of food left cooking on a stove when no one was home was blamed for a small fire in Glen Burnie on Wednesday night, Anne Arundel County Fire Department officials said. A neighbor spotted flames in a kitchen in the 7900 block of Parke West Drive at 9:48 p.m. and called 911, Battalion Chief Steve Thompson said. Firefighters arrived to see smoke coming from the roof, he said. The blaze was under control at 10:14 p.m. No one was injured. The room and its contents were damaged, Thompson said.

- Andrea F. Siegel


Discuss this story and others in our talk forums Most recent local news talk forum topics:

More news talk forums: Local | Nation/World | Business | Health/Science | Computers/Technology
Note: In-story commenting has been temporarily disabled due to technical issues. We are working to correct the issue and will bring back this feature in the future. In the meantime, please use our talk forums to discuss stories.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.