Glen Burnie fire blamed on unattended pot

February 11, 2010|By Andrea F. Siegel | andrea.siegel@baltsun.com | Baltimore Sun reporter

A pot of food left cooking on a stove when no one was home was blamed for a small fire in Glen Burnie Wednesday night, Anne Arundel County Fire Department officials said.

A neighbor spotted flames in a kitchen in the 7900 block of Parke West Drive around 9:48 p.m. and called 911, Battalion Chief Steve Thompson said.

Firefighters arrived to see smoke coming from the roof, he said. The blaze was under control at 10:14 p.m. No one was injured. The room and its contents were damaged, Thompson said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.