Pasadena house fire blamed on space heater's misuse

February 11, 2010

Officials are blaming a house fire in Pasadena Tuesday night on a portable space heater being too close to combustible furnishings. Firefighters called to a house in the 800 block of Old Mill Road at 9:06 p.m. arrived seven minutes later to find heavy fire in a second-floor bedroom above a garage, Anne Arundel County Battalion Chief Steve Thompson said. No one was injured in the fire, he said. Twenty-nine firefighters brought the blaze under control by 9:42 p.m. He said it appeared that a portable space heater was too close to a bed and curtain.

- Andrea F. Siegel

Discuss this story and others in our talk forums Most recent local news talk forum topics:

More news talk forums: Local | Nation/World | Business | Health/Science | Computers/Technology
Note: In-story commenting has been temporarily disabled due to technical issues. We are working to correct the issue and will bring back this feature in the future. In the meantime, please use our talk forums to discuss stories.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.