Pasadena fire blamed on space heater

February 10, 2010|By Andrea F. Siegel | andrea.siegel@baltsun.com | Baltimore Sun reporter

Officials are blaming a house fire in Pasadena Tuesday night on a portable space heater being too close to combustible furnishings.

Firefighters called to a house in the 800 block of Old Mill Road shortly at 9:06 p.m. arrived seven minutes later to find heavy fire in a second-floor bedroom above a garage, Anne Arundel County Battalion Chief Steve Thompson said. No one was injured in the fire, he said.

Twenty-nine firefighters brought the blaze under control by 9:42 p.m.

Thompson said it appeared that a portable space heater was close to a bed and curtain.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.