A District Court hearing in the Baltimore murder trial of Jonathan Miller, who is accused of participating in a stabbing at the Great Blacks in Wax Museum last month, was postponed Tuesday until Jan. 26.
Miller has yet to be indicted by the Baltimore Circuit Court, potentially signaling trouble ahead. The higher court typically takes on such cases.
The state's attorney's office declined to comment, and defense attorney Jack Rubin would only say that his client is innocent.
"The kid had nothing to do with killing anybody or stabbing anybody," he said. "He's a victim."
Miller, 18, was also stabbed the night of the incident. The Baltimore museum had been rented out for what was described as a Christian fundraiser, but fliers for the Dec. 18 event promised a "sexy ladies dance contest" and featured men flashing what appeared to be gang signs. A fight broke out, and Joshua Hargrove, 20, was fatally stabbed as a group was being escorted from the building. Police said Miller admitted that he was one of the men who attacked Hargrove.
He is charged with first-degree murder and assault.