Francis 'Jerry' Golebieski, contractor

March 20, 2009|By Frederick N. Rasmussen

Francis "Jerry" Golebieski, a retired General Motors Corp. worker who also had owned and operated a general contracting firm, died of a heart attack Tuesday at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He was 69.

Mr. Golebieski was born in Baltimore and raised at Lombard Street and Broadway in East Baltimore.

After leaving Patterson Park High School in 1957, he enlisted in the Air Force, where he served until being discharged in 1965.

Mr. Golebieski, who had earned his high school equivalency certificate while in the service, became an assembly line worker at General Motors' Broening Highway plant in 1965. He retired in 1992.

During the 1970s, the longtime Dundalk resident, who had lived earlier at Oliver Beach, became a licensed general contractor.

He owned and operated Twin Rivers Home Improvement Co. until retiring in 2008.

Mr. Golebieski was a member of Marco Hunting and Fishing Club on Wilson Point Road.

He enjoyed playing the drums, boating and working in his yard.

Services will be held at 8 p.m. today at Duda-Ruck Funeral Home, 7922 Wise Ave.

Surviving are two daughters, Wendy R. Wieciech of Jarrettsville and Stacy L. Brooks of Chase; a sister, Rosanna Uranachek of Chase; his companion, Deborah Walk of Dundalk; and three grandchildren. His son, Jerome F. "Jerry" Golebieski, died in 1977. A marriage to Alice Chapman ended in divorce.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.