Anne Arundel Community College, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, will hold informational and entertaining events this month, including:
* A free workshop to teach parents practical strategies to help them and their children survive the teen years will be held 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to April 7 at Annapolis Middle School; Wednesday to April 8 at Old Mill Middle North; April 7 to May 5 at Central Middle School; April 15 to May 13 at Severna Park Community Center; and April 16 to May 14 at Crofton Middle School. A 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. workshop will be held April 1-29 at AACC at Arundel Mills. Information: 410-777-2159 or www.aacc.edu/parenting.
* "AACC Information Session" will be held 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 107, Center for Applied Learning and Technology. Information: 410-777-2831.
* "An Evening of Poetry: Poems By and About African-American Women," 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Pascal Center, features Lucille Clifton, a Pulitzer Prize nominee and Emmy Award winner; an interpretive dance to Nikki Giovanni's Women Poem; student poetry readings; and a faculty performance of two scenes from For Colored Girls Who Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Was Enough with music solo. 410-777-2218.
* "Becoming the Subject of Your Own Story - Rather than the Object of Another's Gaze," 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday in Humanities Building Room 112. Kimberly Dark, writer, performer and sociologist, examines the pressures women experience to meet the beauty ideal and its effect on body image and self-esteem. 410-777-2218.
* A Community Law Forum will be held 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Saturday in the Center for Applied Learning and Technology, Room 100. The forum offers 13 workshops on various legal topics after an opening presentation on "Do I Need a Lawyer." Check-in is 8 a.m. Registration is required. 410-777-2325.
* "The Art of Women Showcase," from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 10 in the Pascal Center, features performances by the AACC Dance Company and poetry readings by AACC creative writing students and faculty, and a visit to the multimedia art exhibit. 410-777-1242 or 410-777-1230.
* A Teacher Education Fair will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 11 at the Center for Applied Learning and Technology, Room 100. 410-777-2325.
* The annual College Fair will feature more than 125 colleges and universities, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 11 in the David S. Jenkins Gymnasium. Information: 410-777-2615.