Crime Watch


November 18, 2008

Two charged in stabbing of Arundel student

Two teenagers have been charged in the stabbing of a Glen Burnie High School student during a scuffle last week, police said yesterday. Brandon Pearmon, 17, was charged as an adult with first- and second-degree assault and with possessing a dangerous weapon on school property. A 16-year-old has been charged as a juvenile with second-degree assault. The victim, a 17-year-old male sophomore whose name was not released, was stabbed in the head with a pair of scissors shortly after dismissal, said Bob Mosier, an Anne Arundel County schools spokesman. The boy was treated at Maryland Shock Trauma Center for injuries that were not life-threatening.

Nicole Fuller

One dead, one wounded in Northwest shooting

One man was fatally shot late Sunday in a vacant rowhouse in Northwest Baltimore, while a second man was wounded by gunfire and found lying on the roof of the home's front porch, city police said yesterday. Baltimore police responded to calls for the double shooting in the 4800 block of Palmer Ave. about 11:30 p.m. Charles Norman, 48, of the 5000 block of Palmer Ave. was found shot in the house and was pronounced dead at the scene by medics. An unidentified 28-year-old man was found shot on the porch roof and was taken to an area hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.

Gus G. Sentementes

Second man arrested in Woodlawn shooting

A second person has been charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a man in Woodlawn, Baltimore County police said yesterday. Xavier Antonio Hall, 21, of the 2100 block of Orleans St. in Baltimore was arrested and charged last week. Timothy Bean, 25, of the 2800 block of Ellicott Drive in Baltimore was arrested Nov. 5 and charged with murder. Police responding to a report of gunshots in the 7100 block of Security Blvd. on Nov. 3 found Bean and Cletus R. Gittens, 25, of the 1900 block of Greengage Road in Woodlawn suffering from gunshot wounds. Gittens was pronounced dead at Northwest Hospital Center. Bean was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center for treatment and was arrested after he was released, police said. Police said yesterday the motive for the shooting remained unknown.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.