2-alarm Parkville blaze damages four homes

no one is injured

September 06, 2008|By Gus G. Sentementes

A blaze early yesterday in Parkville was started by a discarded cigarette on an outside patio, Baltimore County fire officials said.

Fire officials responded to the 2900 block of Aspen Hill Road about 6:30 a.m. for a report of a dwelling fire, and soon after called for a second alarm, authorities said. The fire was under control by 7:30 a.m.

The home had working smoke detectors, and occupants of the home had evacuated before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported, but two homes had internal damage and two other homes were damaged on the outside as a result of the fire. Fire officials estimate the damage at $400,000.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.