Crime Briefs

August 25, 2008

Police investigate fatal shooting on sailboat

SPARROWS POINT: Police are investigating the apparent homicide of a man who might have been trying to break into a sailboat anchored in Jones Creek in Baltimore County. Albert Edward Driscoll III, 39, of the 2100 block of Alma Ave. in Sparrows Point was pronounced dead on the 27-foot sailboat about 1 a.m., said Cpl. Mike Hill, Baltimore County Police spokesman. Police responded to the 7300 block of Geise Ave. in Sparrows Point after receiving a call that a man had been killed. Police interviewed a 21-year-old man who said he was on the boat and heard someone breaking into the cabin area. "During the incident, Driscoll was killed," Hill said. Another person apparently trying to break into the boat fled the scene, Hill said. An 18-year-old woman who was also on the boat at the time of the incident was not hurt. No charges had been filed. Hill said police were searching for the person who fled the boat.

Tyeesha Dixon

Police seek gunman who shot woman, 36

ABERDEEN: Harford County sheriff's deputies continued last night to seek the person who shot a woman early yesterday during an altercation on a street in Aberdeen, a department spokesman said. The victim, Keesha Angela Watson, 36, of the 200 block of Mayberry Drive in Aberdeen was either a bystander or involved in an altercation in the 200 block of Perrywood Court about 5 a.m. when someone shot her in the upper torso, said Sgt. Paul Wilkinson, the spokesman. Watson was airlifted to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. She was in serious but stable condition last night.

FOR THE RECORD - A headline and article in yesterday's editions and a headline in Monday's editions gave the incorrect cause of death for a man killed Sunday on a boat in Sparrows Point. Albert E. Driscoll III was fatally stabbed, Baltimore County police said.
The Baltimore Sun regrets the errors.

Accidental gunshot kills Prince George's girl, 12

CHELTENHAM: Prince George's County police said a 12-year-old girl died after being accidentally shot. Officers found Glenn C. Ellis with a shotgun wound to the upper body about 9:45 p.m. Saturday at Farrar Avenue in Cheltenham. She was taken to a hospital, where she died. Police say Glenn was playing with other children when one of them found a shotgun. They began playing with the shotgun when one of them fired it, hitting Glenn.

Associated Press

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.