Police Blotter


October 19, 2007|By From staff reports

Heart attack victim revived by 2 officers

Two Anne Arundel County police officers revived a South County man whose wife had driven him to the Southern District station after his heart stopped, county police said yesterday.

Dorothy and Earl Wayson were taking their dog to the veterinarian about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday when she noticed that he had lost consciousness in the back seat of their car.

She pulled into the police station's parking lot on Stepneys Lane in Edgewater to ask for help, and Lt. Katie Goodwin and Sgt. Jane Cox immediately administered CPR and used an automated external defibrillator on Wayson, 75.

The officers continued CPR until fire personnel arrived. Wayson was taken by ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.

Two Pasadena men face drug charges

Two Pasadena men were arrested on drug charges after an investigation into drug activity at one of their homes, Anne Arundel County police said.

Officers found 116 grams of marijuana and a bulletproof vest Wednesday at David Franklin Berry's apartment in the 8400 block of Fort Smallwood Road

The detectives also observed two small plastic bags containing marijuana inside the car of a man coming out of his home. Joshua Louis Harmel of the 300 block of Cambridge Road was charged with drug possession.

Berry was charged with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.

Annapolis man shot in shoulder

An Annapolis man was shot in the shoulder on a city street, police said.

Officers found Shannon Blair, 21, of Hicks Avenue in the 400 block of Captains Circle just before midnight Wednesday. He was transported to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. Police had no further information.

Pasadena man robbed at gunpoint

A Pasadena man was robbed at gunpoint as he walked through a Glen Burnie shopping plaza parking lot, Anne Arundel County police said.

The victim, 27, said he was at the Burwood Village Center at 7069 Baltimore and Annapolis Blvd. about 2 a.m. Wednesday when he was approached by three men. One displayed a handgun and demanded money.

The victim handed over an unspecified sum of cash, and the robbers fled on foot.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.