Urban oasis

October 01, 2007|By Photos by Jed Kirschbaum | Photos by Jed Kirschbaum,Sun photographer

The marble fountain that sits near the Pagoda at the northwest end of Patterson Park is among the first architectural elements designed at the park and serves as a peaceful oasis from the noisy traffic that zooms past on nearby streets. A popular spot among Baltimore residents, it was designed by George A. Frederick in 1865 and restored by the Department of Parks and Recreation in 2004.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.